I can’t believe it is Week 10 already. Time just seems to be flying this year. I love looking back on the changes I have made since I started my lifestyle change with Nutrisystem.
Nutrisystem is the first program that I have stayed with. Despite my past screw ups on the program, I still went right back to Nutrisystem. I was never like that with any other program. I would try it and fail and then try something else. The reason I kept going back to Nutrisystem is because I knew that it worked because when I didn’t cheat or stray from the program I saw results. I knew it wasn’t their program it was me and that is why I never gave up on the program. Nutrisystem has truly changed my life.
Fall is my favorite season. There is nothing better than fall if you ask me. The beautiful leaves and the beautiful weather I just can’t get enough. You will find me outside during the Fall months more than any other time of the year. I love seeing all the decor my neighbors put out during this time of year and people just seem to be in a better mood.
My top five takeaways from doing Nutrisystem during the summer are:
- If you know you will be gone all day pack your lunch bars in a small lunch bag with a frozen pack, so they don’t melt.
- Bring your drink shakers filled with 8oz of water and Turbo and Nutriscrush packets with you also so you don’t have to worry about powerfuels and smart carbs. If your husband/friends, etc. and kids get takeout ask for a cup of ice for your shake to add to the water.
- Keep your eating out guide in the car. You never know when you may need it. Sometimes I forget my Nutrisystem food, and it saves me.
- Research your meals before going out to eat. Make a decision before you even arrive at the restaurant if possible.
- Feel free to keep your journey private. I have found I am more successful when I don’t tell people on my personal facebook page. Find a support group with people that are on the same journey.
Nutrisystem has even changed the way I look at food. Things I would normally get I now notice are really high in sodium and fat. For instance, we were near a restaurant on vacation, and I thought about treating myself and making it a lunch and adding two powerfuels to make it acceptable. That was until I saw that the content for one Spicy Chicken Sandwich was 1600 mg of sodium. REALLY?? It also had 21g of fat. I always look up my food if it is not in the book they provide before we arrive so I have made a decision before eating. Needless to say I did not get the sandwich. Even my husband was shocked by the sodium.
My kids really motivate me to keep going. I want to be around to watch them grow up. I am hoping by sharing my pictures and my journey with you that I will inspire you or maybe a friend of yours to get started on their own journey. Feel free to share my journey if you feel I may inspire someone you care about.
How gross is this picture. Haha. I still have a long way to go, but I am happy my stomach is getting smaller and I am getting healthier.
Next week I will be sharing with you what a FLEX day for me is like. I will do a full restaurant flex day, so you can see it is possible and a full flex day at home. Breakfast is always my favorite flex meal because I just love eggs. Especially sunny side up eggs!
Well I am off to enjoy some delicious Nutrisystem Chicken Noddle Soup! I hope you all have a great day and I will see you next Wednesday!
Nutrisystem is providing (Jilly of Two boys and a hubby) with their program free of charge for their participation in their blogger program: Nutrisystem Nation Blogger program. All of my thoughts and opinion are my own. My opinion may differ from yours. See my disclosure statement for more info.