When it comes to making quick and healthy after school meals, Ragu has your covered! Some days I feel like I am just running around non stop, and sometimes I forget to make dinner, and then I am like oh crap it’s 6pm! Heat up some noddles and toss them with Ragu’s sauce, and you are set to go! If you do some extra planning, you can make a delicious lasagna like this zucchini lasagna I made a few days ago!
I swear it tastes really close to the real deal, and you get the kiddos to eat some veggies! I personally didn’t miss the noddles, and my husband said it was delicious!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup Ragu thick and hearty pasta sauce. (Meat flavored is my favorite for this.)
- 10 oz ricotta cheese mixture. (I add 1 egg, a dash of salt and pepper and about 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese)
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel zucchini into strips and leave out core. Salt and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Brown ground beef in pan (optional) and add marinara. Season well with salt and pepper. (We did not use meat in the pictures above because we used the Ragu flavored meat)
- Layer into a small casserole dish: sauce, meat (optional), zucchini, ricotta mixture, sauce, meat, zucchini, ricotta mixture, mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Broil uncovered for 2-3 minutes to brown the top.
This recipe is healthy and so easy and cheap to make! Head to your grocery store and look for the new Ragu Hearty Thick and Hearty Line! If you make this recipe let me know what you think! What is your favorite Italian dish?