This post is for people thinking about starting Nutrisystem or may have just started. There are a few things you should do prior to starting.
- First go on youtube and type “Weight loss with Nutrisystem” and watch people that are on the same journey as you or that have been. It has always inspired and motivated me to watch others do what I am doing. Start your own vlog about your journey with Nutrisystem if it helps keep you motivated.
- Take before pictures. Front, Back, Side and Facial Profile. You could do just undergarments for yourself and yoga pants and a light t-shirt if you want to share. Some people are brave and post with just undergarments, but I am not. If in a month from now you weigh yourself and you are not happy just take a look at your before and after pictures because sometimes you lose a lot of inches and not a ton of weight.
- Read your Nutrisystem book. Really, really read. Read it over 10 times if you have to and make sure you really and truly understand the program. I have seem many people since I started Nutrisystem fail because they were not following the program right. If you are hungry something is wrong. Call a counselor.
- Ask for an eating out guide. It did not come with my program and I had to ask for it, so if it is not in your first shipment ask for it. It really helps when you are running late or if you are out later than planned. I just open my book and see what I can get. I really like Wendy’s chili on days like that because it so cold out and it so delish!
- Write down everything you eat in your Nutrisystem book. One day I forgot and I realized at the end of the day I ate two lunches. I was really upset with myself, so make sure before you even eat it you write it down.
- Use your Nutrisystem counselor. It is included in your program, so use it. Don’t think it is going to be a stupid question just call and ask. Every time I talk to my counselor I learn something new.
- If you are over 100 pounds you will need more food. The book you have in the mail is only for people with under 100 pounds to lose. You will NEED to call and talk to a counselor to see what you need. I needed an extra powerfuel and smart carb when I first started. So definitely call or you will be hungry and it will cause you to binge if you are anything like me.
- Eat! Don’t think that you are eating too much! I have seen a few people in my Nutrisystem group cut back what they are supposed to eat because they think it is too much food and then they don’t lose because they are messing up their metabolism. Do exactly what the book says.
- Try to spread out your meals and snacks. Every two hours is ideal.
- Don’t Cheat. No Cheat Days. My sister in law called me today and she started Nutrisystem 3 days ago and she wanted to have a cheat meal. It hasn’t even been a week. She was craving tacos. I helped her figure out a way to have them that would be a flex meal rather than a cheat meal. Nutrisystem isn’t a program that deprives you of the foods you love it simply teaches you portions and to make sure you eat high protein and high fiber. Luckily corn tortilla fall into the smart carb category and meat into the powerfuel category. You can’t have a ton of tacos, but at least you can have one or two to help satisfy a craving. I love EVOL tacos because I can buy them in a freezer section and I know exactly how many calories are in them instead of having to guess at some restaurants and hope for the best or make them at home.
- Avoid artificial ingredients. They slow down your metabolism and I personally think they taste awful.
- Drink lots of water. 64oz or more. Get a cute bottle if that helps you to drink.
- Buy an outfit one size down to motivate you to lose.
- If you work in an office or have a job where you might be tempted to cheat than lie. Don’t tell people you are on a diet. I think of Nutrisystem as lifestyle change anyways . Truly just lie to your co-workers. Tell them you are not feeling well and offer to take whatever they are trying to push on you home. If it is a birthday say I am not feeling well, but I would love to take a slice home. From there you can toss it at home or give it to someone else. Sometimes saying, “Yes” is easier because people can be really pushy because most of the time people sadly don’t want you to succeed.
- Eat healthy powerfuels and smart carbs. I could sprinkle some chia seeds on a small cupcake and fit it into Nutrisystem guidelines, but it is loaded with sugar and fat. Make sure you are making smart choices. Read the Leaf and follow Nutrisystem social networks.
You got this!! Don’t give up! In a lot of cases you can also get a discount with your insurance card just call Nutrisystem and see what your options are. Good Luck!
See ya next week!!
Nutrisystem is providing (Jilly of Two boys and a hubby) with their program free of charge for their participation in their blogger program: Nutrisystem Nation Blogger program. All of my thoughts and opinion are my own. My opinion may differ from yours. See my disclosure statement for more info.